How do I use the General tab in RePlay Tasks?
In this help, we'll discuss how to use the General tab to:
- Name your study
- Set your website's domain and type
- Choose whether and how the respondents have to identify themselves
- Protect your study with a password
- Set the ending conditions for the study
- Respondents don't see the study name displayed anywhere
- Use a name that helps you identify the study on the dashboard
- Your study is always bound to a specific domain.
- To add a domain, simply type it in. You can also copy and paste the URL to your website and UXtweak will extract the domain name out of the URL automatically.
- Each domain occupies a slot in your plan's domain list. Check your plan to see how many domains you can user.
- Select a website type that best characterizes your web. This helps us know what kind of project you're running, so we can better adjust our service to meet the needs of our customers.
Select one of the following respondent identification options:
- Anonymous - The respondents don't have to identify themselves (default option)
- Email address - Demand that they provide their email before they begin
- Other - Ask for another identifier of your choice (e.g. name, screen name, internal company ID)
Unless the study is left anonymous, the respondent won't be allowed to go forward until they identify themselves.
The respondent's identification will be displayed next to their study results.
You have two options for how your study is going to be protected:
- No password - the study is open to anybody who has a link to it
- Private study - ask would-be respondents to enter a password first.
The password has to be between 1 a 250 characters long, with no additional demands on the type of characters.
Don't forget to share the password with the intended respondents! :)
By finishing a study, you make sure that it stops collecting data from more respondents. You can finish a study both manually and automatically:
- Manually - End the study anytime you want, without constraints
- Respondent limit - Automatically finish the study once it's been conducted with enough respondents.
- Closing date - Automatically finish a study once a deadline has been reached.
Even when you set a study to finish automatically, you can always finish it manually when you want to by clicking the Finish button.
If a deadline is reached while some respondents are still working on completing the study, these respondents will be allowed to finish up.
Can I reopen a finished study?
Once a study has been finished, there is no way to reopen it. Therefore, be careful about setting your finishing conditions or finishing the study manually, so that you're absolutely sure you don't want to collect any more data in the same study afterwards.
If you want to repeat the same study like one you did in the past, you can opt to clone the study project. You can either tweak it or leave it as is, before you launch the project as a new study. (Clone can be done either from the dashboard or from the dropdown in the upper right corner).