How do I use the Snippet tab in Session Recording?
In this help, we'll discuss how to use the Snippet tab to:
- Get the snippet to enable Session Recording on your website
- Add the recording snippet into your GTM container
- In the Snippet tab, click Install your Session Recording snippet
- To enable session recording on your website, simply make sure to put the snippet in the
<head>of every page that should be recorded
- The snippet manages loading of the recording script, which records session data and sends it to your project in Session Recording
- For the snippet to work, the page also has to be on the domain that you defined in the General tab
As an alternative to the above, you might already be familiar with using Google Tag Manager (GTM) for managing various scripts (tags) on your website. Our snippet is a tag like any other. You can use our GTM integration to add it into any of your existing containers easily.
- Click Sign in to Google Tag Manager
- Sign into your GTM account
- Grant UXtweak all the neccessary permissions so we can add the recording snippet for you
- Select the container where you wish to add the recording snippet
- Click Publish