Design intuitive navigation menus or content structures where users will no longer be lost.
Find out what users think about your site’s content. Increase findability and discoverability of key information.
Trusted by major brands
How it works
1. Define your cards & categories
Create your cards and discover how people think about grouping them into categories. Each card represents a content item (e.g. a menu label) from your site or app that can be grouped.
Get great insights from exploratory and statistical analysis. Standardize your categories and analyze data through Similarity matrix, Dendrogram and other visualisation tools. Learn how users perceive your content and create intuitive content grouping.
Easily run any card sort technique
Any card sort variant you need is available with the UXtweak card sorting tools. Easy setup, quick insights, advanced analysis, PDF and CSV exports. Fully customizable studies. Modern easy to use interface.
Open Card Sort
Take the first step in understanding the mental models of your future users by letting them create all categories they need to sort the cards you gave them.
Hybrid Card Sort
Validate the categories created in the Open Card Sort. Provide them to your users together with an option to create new categories if they want to.
Closed Card Sort
The last test of categories created in the previous variants by your users. In this variant, users are not able to create any additional categories.
Try Online Card Sorting now
Increase the discoverability of key information with our card sorting software.
Why choose Card Sort tool from UXtweak
- All research steps are covered by using these variants in the predetermined order
- Open Card Sorting
- Hybrid Card Sorting
- Closed Card Sorting
Quick yet deep
- Explore the concepts hidden in the results using the Standardization grid, Results Matrix and Popular placements matrix
- Look for patterns with Dendrograms and Similarity matrix
- UX expert support
- Assessments (legal, security)
- SSO (Single sign-on)
- And more ways to enhance your plan...
- Enter or import cards & categories
- Illustrating cards with images - a good picture is worth a thousand words
- Show cards and categories in a randomized order
with skip logic
- Gather additional information from your participants
- Guide the participant to relevant questions based on their answers
- All Survey question types available
- Use a screening question to prevent respondents outside your target audience from participating
- As many reject and accept options as you want
- Complete respondent list
- Every detail about your respondents (geographic, technical etc.)
- Customizable filtering
- Participant specific results
- You can set up your card sorting studies in any modern browser
- Participants will also complete the study in their browser
- Preview available at all times
- Available CSV exports for further data analysis
- Handy and presentable PDF reports and charts
Start with Free Card Sorting Tool now
Improve information architecture to drive optimal experiences.
Learn more about Card Sorting
Read our complete guide to Card Sorting
Card Sorting Guide
Explore Card Sort/Tree Test Synergy
- Creating CS study
- Interpreting results
- Step-by-step guide
Explore all aspects of digital card sorting