Choose the design options that work best for your users.
Ask participants which design from a group they prefer most. Learn about their perspectives and the deciding factors.
Trusted by major brands
How it works
1. Line up designs and get instant feedback
Create tasks where respondents pick their favorite design from a line-up. Pictures, sound and video can all be used. Ask follow-up questions and learn more about respondents’ reasoning.
3. Explore your results
Learn the details of preferences of your future users. Discover which variant was the most liked. Make sure that you gathered enough response to provide statistically significant results.
What assets/content formats can
JPG, JPEG, PNG and GIF are supported. Maximum file size up to 5MB. A perfect example is testing icon alternatives, as you can see here.
MP4 supported up to 100MB. A common case for testing videos are marketing campaigns. See how videos can be tested.
MP3 and WAV supported up to 100MB. Test audio designs to make sure your sound effects or voiceover aren't seen as annoying as seen here.
Make design decisions that
Show designs to your users to see which one they find most pleasing to the eye or best for its intended purpose.
Why choose Preference Test from UXtweak
- Enter up to 6 design varieties per task
- Test images, video and audio
- Use mobile frames to simulate Android or iOS phones
- Available CSV exports for further data analysis
- Handy and presentable PDF reports and charts
- UX expert support
- Assessments (legal, security)
- SSO (Single sign-on)
- And more ways to enhance your plan...
with skip logic
- Gather additional information from your participants
- Guide the participant to relevant questions based on their answers
- All Survey question types available
- Fully customizable Welcome, Instructions and Closing messages
- Change the logo and colors to fit your company branding
- Use a screening question to prevent respondents outside your target audience from participating
- As many reject and accept options as you want
- Rich text editor complete with images
- Serve tasks in random or determined order
- Choose how many tasks respondent sees
- Share results of your study with stakeholders without a problem
- Choose what the viewers will see
- Protect your results with a password
- You can set up your preference testing studies in any modern browser
- Respondents will also complete the study in their browser
Quick yet deep
- Learn which designs have earned the most preferences and whether your results have statistical significance
- Directly compare the task results
- Complete respondent list
- Every detail about your respondents (geographic, technical etc.)
- Customizable filtering
- Every tool in UXtweak has a detailed documentation
- If you are in doubt you can dive into our Step-By-Step Guide
Start Preference Testing Free now
Easily test design preferences of your users.
Learn more about Preference Testing
Read our guide to Preference Testing in UX
Preference Testing Guide
Preference Testing vs. A/B Testing
- Creating PT study
- Interpreting results
- Step-by-step guide
Explore all aspects of Preference Test