How do I use the Recruit tab in Website Testing?
After you've prepared your Website Testing study, you will want to share it to your respondents. In this help, we'll discuss how to use the Recruit tab to:
- Share your study with your respondents
- Set up your Recruiting Widget to recruit directly on your website
- Give away coupons as reward for completing your study
The Recruiting Widget gives you the opportunity to turn regular visitors from your website into respondents in your studies. The widget works as a tool independent from your study, allowing you to manage recruitment for your studies on multiple domains in one place.
To start using a Recruiting Widget, click Create widget for this study to create a new widget with your study assigned as the target of recruitment. The widget will start appearing on your site once you've launched both the study and the Recruiting Widget. To learn how to set up your Recruiting Widget, please see the dedicated documentation.
If you already have Recruiting Widgets assigned to recruit respondents into your study, you will see them listed here.
- Coupons are an ideal and simple way how to provide visitors with an incentive to become respondents
- Go to Include reward for respondents. Here you can either enter coupons manually, or import them from a CSV file
Use UTF-8 encoded CSV files to ensure that the import works correctly. The simplest way to save your imported file with UTF-8 encoding is to edit it through Google Sheets (click the link for more instructions). To get a UTF-8 encoded file when saving your file in Excel, go to File -> Save As and select CSV UTF-8 before you click Save.
- Each coupon contains an alphanumerical code (of any length, but 250 at most) and an expiration date
- Coupons won't be given away anymore once their expiration date has passed
- Use the Active/Inactive switch to turn the rewards on and off
- Below the switch, you can monitor the status of your coupons - how many were already used and how many remain
- Open List of promo codes to see which coupons were already distributed and who recived them. If it's needed, you can even remove individual coupons.