Key moments in this video
- 0:10 Introduction and Class Mantra
- 0:28 Importance of Leadership in UX Research
- 1:02 Theory of Leadership
- 1:55 Pathway to UX Research Teaching
- 3:03 Importance of Participant Focus in Research
- 3:25 The Flexibility of a Discussion Guide
- 4:05 Transformation in Students – Zero to Confident UX Researcher
- 5:31 Job Hunting and Handling Rejections
In this podcast episode, Kevin Liang, the creator and mentor of Zero to UX, discusses his journey in the UX field, his passion for teaching, and the importance of developing leadership skills in UX research. Kevin emphasizes the need for a holistic approach to UX, incorporating not only research methods but also qualities like humility, effective communication, and conflict resolution. He shares his experience of teaching UX research and focuses on the transformation students go through, from gaining hands-on experience to overcoming imposter syndrome. Kevin offers valuable advice for job seekers, reminding them to be resilient, seek feedback, and continue improving.
💡 Listen to the full podcast episode with Kevin Liang and discover more on Spotify.