Key moments in this video
- 00:41 Social media & communities
- 01:31 Newsletter subscribers & email marketing
- 01:52 Website visitors using the Recruitment Widget
- 02:11 People around you
- 02:45 Bonus tip
- 03:16 Affordable alternative – UXtweak User Panel
Recruiting user testing participants that fit your research needs can be challenging. However, several free strategies can help with this.
- Firstly, join relevant groups on social media platforms, engage with the community, and then ask them to participate in your study.
- Secondly, you can leverage your existing newsletter or email marketing subscribers, explaining to them what the study is about and how it can benefit them.
- Thirdly, use recruitment widgets on your website to target your audience directly.
- Fourthly, engage in guerrilla testing with people around you, such as friends, colleagues, or anyone fitting your target audience.
For a more cost-effective method, consider using research recruiting tools, which provides access to a wide demographic across 130 countries, allowing you to target your user group precisely.