Key moments in this video
- 00:40 Define what you will be testing
- 01:29 Decide on the testing methods
- 02:04 Clarify what outputs you expect
- 02:27 Consider how you will recruit testers
- 03:09 Establish your budget
- 03:26 Which tools meet your requirements?
- 04:25 Request free trial
This video guides you through the selection of the perfect user testing tool. Key considerations to bear in mind are what you plan to test, the testing methods you will use, the outputs you expect, your tester recruitment process, and your budget. For instance, you need to know whether you are testing a live website or a prototype, whether you will conduct remote or in-person research, and the types of data you want to get from the tests. You should also consider your recruitment process – will you use a built-in user panel or your own testers? Lastly, take into account your budget, and explore billing options that fit your needs. After determining your requirements, you can then match them with available tools. As a final tip, most tools offer a free trial, which can help in making the final decision.